Thursday, July 31, 2008

HARD DAY!!!!

I am having sort of a hard day today. Mamie and Nolan are growing up way tooooo fast. Being a working mother really bits the dust sometimes. I dropped Mamie off at CC Ranch today and as she was getting out she said "oh I forgot something". I said "what did you forget sweetheart", she said "to give you a kiss". I just melted. Then I called Nolan (Kyle took him to daycare) and this is how that confersation went.
Nolan: Hello

Me: Hey, Nolan what ya doing.

Nolan: Getting in the car to go to school.

Me: Well, I just wanted to tell you I loved you and have fun swimming today.

Nolan: I wove (love) you too.

Me: Are you going to swim like a fish?

Nolan: I not a fish, I a big boy.

Me: Oh, O.K. well have fun swimming.

Nolan: I will. Where you momma?
Me: I am on my way to work.
Nolan: Have good day.
Me: I will Nolan, Love you.
Nolan: wove you too. here daddy...
O.K. I don't know why I am having a hard day, I just miss them so much during the day. Then when you get home it is rush, rush, rush. No time to play just, make dinner, eat, bath and sleep. I like to go in and give Mamie and Nolan a peck on the forehead every night, just to make sure they are alright and of course they are just fine. Sleeping like a baby.... Now I understand what my mother was saying when she would say "boy ya'll grew up".

3 comments:

Heather Avery said...

Beautiful picture of two beautiful children!

Believe me as a working mom, I know how torn you feel. I even have more regrets when Mallory goes with Doug....did I give her enough time? Did I just tend to my duties..and on and on.

I am feeling the blues with the new school year starting up too soon and I feel like just because a new school year begins, that somehow makes them older?

I guess you could say I always have summer remorse. I hope I gave Mallory a great summer and all. Of course, she is at the beach with Doug right now.

Hang in there and know that you are not alone...

Anonymous said...

It must be something in the air. I am having the blues really bad right about Maddie and Libbey growing up. Maddie will be in 3rd grade and Libbey is starting preschool and I have cried every day this week about it. Why do the years have to go by so fast?? I feel the same way about being a working mom most days. It's so hard. You definitely are not alone.

Kelly Waldrop

Jennifer R. said...

I think I feel that every year around birthdays and when school starts. It makes us really sit and take notice of how quickly our children are growing. And, although it goes way too fast, I love each and every memory!