Thursday, July 10, 2008

A LONG WEEKEND AT THE CAMP.

We had such a wonderful time at the camp last weekend. It was like a mini vacation for us all. Unfortunately it started with a funeral Thursday, then after that Kyle and I headed to Walmart for the long weekend ahead of us. We got to the camp late Thursday afternoon some of Kyle's high school buddies and their children came and had a cook out with us. We had so much fun and said we would do it again since they all live right there in Wiggins and close to the camp. Friday we woke up early and floated Red Creek. Kyle and I used to do this all the time when we were dating and I just love floating down the creek watching the world go by. Mamie and Nolan seem to like it, but I think Mamie would have rather been playing on the sandbar instead of floating in a canoe for about 4 hours. Kyle fished and caught some fish to fry that night. After the float we drove into town to watch the fireworks. Mamie, Nolan and I laid on a blanket and it was neat to watch the fireworks that way. Nolan would say "wow look" at almost everyone and Mamie would say "oh, that was my favorite again and again." Saturday rolled around with another trip to the creek to play before my parents came for the family birthday party for Mamie and Nolan. I was so glad that they got to come and I know they really enjoyed coming just to hang out with us. The Ainsworth clan showed up a little later for the party and a small firework show. So here are some of the pictures that were taken. This is long so sorry if you get board looking at our mini vacation.


Kyle's buddies children along with Mamie and Nolan Friday night at the cookout.

Ready for the 4 hour float trip.

Fishing with daddy.

Playing in the sand.

Me and Mommy.............
Worn out after the float trip.



About to leave for the firework show....

Look daddy caught a fish and Nolan let it go later.............................



Our birthday cake. It was sprier man, Nolan's request.
Taking a ride with "Lin" in her new car.

Our mini firework show after the birthday party....

Well, that is the end folks. I hope I didn't lose anyone.

4 comments:

michael and anne said...

those are great! what a fun weekend! i'd love some canoeing now...but without trying to keep aidan in the boat...

Heather Avery said...

Such cute pics! I love the kids July 4th shirts you made them. You need to start selling them to your friends.....

Nikki said...

Great pictures!! Sounds like sooo much fun. I'd really love to go on a weekend trip like that. Just to get away from everything here...

The Fab Five said...

hey alison! send me your mailing address again so i can invite you to blessed be the name. thanks! angela